Following the Governments announcement 12 May 2020, Updated 25 September 2020
Northwood have now adopted further working policy as we enter the second spike as follows:
We currently have a locked door policy in place which forms a physical barrier to our workplace, please do not be offended where access to the office is not allowed, a staff member will greet you outside of the office, face coverings must be worn during these meetings. We are happy to arrange virtual meetings via Zoom, telephone or email communication.
There is a QR code on the door which links to the NHS Track and Trace app, please use this where visiting, if you do not have this app it can easily be downloaded to your mobile device, if you are unable to scan the code, we will ask you to register your details on entry to the office, please note we are compliant with GDPR, the General Data Protection Regulations.
DO NOT ENTER THE OFFICE if you are feeling unwell, have a high temperature, a new persistent cough, a loss of taste or smell or shortness of breath.
We operate within Government guidelines, our workspaces are socially distanced, we have regular and more frequent sanitising processes, our team have been fully trained and have your wellbeing at heart, we have a full Coronavirus risk assessment in place.
Viewings: In the first instance we must offer a virtual viewing wherever possible prior to any physical viewings, we are launching these viewings on property as fast as possible. Where a physical viewing is still required, strict guidelines must be observed which you will be made aware of prior to the viewing taking place.
Sales: We have been working very closely with our clients throughout the lockdown to ensure where possible sales have still been progressing to completion, we will be looking to offer virtual viewings in the first instance and where a physical viewing is to take place strict guidelines must be observed, you will be made aware of these prior to any viewings taking place.
Lettings: We are currently only looking at emergency maintenance issues and your safety as always will be our priority, if a gas safety certificate or electrical inspection condition report is due to be completed we will contact you to arrange a suitable time. Please see the detail below regarding the safety and wellbeing of both yourself and our contractor partners.
Non- exhaustive List of Urgent maintenance issues:
- No hot water in the house
- No heating and vulnerable / high risk occupants
- No working toilets in the house
- Blocked drains with sewerage in house
- Structural problems risking safety of occupants
- Gas leaks prior to contacting Northwood dial 0800 111 999
- No water / electric
- Major leaks
- Broken windows / doors that breach the security of the property
Office Access: No access will currently be available at our office in Hartshill, instruction will be given where we need to conduct key handover or need to record documentation for our files.
Communication: Our office phones are now back up and running as the office is again manned, we will further respond to emails via firstname.lastname@example.org
Access Safety and Wellbeing:
We may require access by our contractors to conduct emergency or safety inspections or maintenance visits.
What we request of you:
- We ask that you make every provision for the visit to take place.
- You must inform us or the relevant contractor if you are in anyway effected by the virus.
- We request that during any visit you limit your contact i.e. stay in another room away from the contractor. Go outside during the visit and practice safe distancing
- of a minimum of 2 meters.
- Following the visit ensure you clean down and sanitize the area that the contractor has had access to, we will be requesting that contractors sanitize areas where they have worked.
Your help and consideration through these unprecedented times is much appreciated as we ease into the new normal, we thank you for your understanding as the new normal services is adopted.
We wish you good health
Steve and Deb Swann
Northwood (Stoke on Trent) Ltd