Before any referencing begins you will be asked to complete a form. As part of the referencing process we will request certain details from you, including:
- Details of your current and previous address
- Proof of current address
- Details of your employment
- Confirmation of your income
- Identification of who you are
- Details of your right to live and work in the UK
- We may also ask for bank statements and payslips
- Contact details for your landlord
- Copy of your current tenancy agreement
These documents will allow us to complete our pre-tenancy process by collecting references from your current landlord and employer and completing a credit check and any visa checks if relevant.
You may be asked to provide a guarantor. The same reference checks are then carried out for your guarantor as were done for you.