Marketing your property is the first step in achieving a successful sale. Negotiating the many checks, delays and potential obstacles is where our expertise really becomes effective.
The technicalities involved in the actual sales process can be quite complex. We have created a step-by-step guide so you can be sure of exactly where you are throughout the sale.
Receiving an offer
- Offers will be confirmed verbally and followed up in writing
- All offers will be properly checked
- If a mortgage is required this will be verified
- If there is another sale involved the entire chain details will be checked
- If more than one offer is received we will provide the full information and advise the best course of action
Accepting an offer
Once accepted and solicitors are instructed we can chase the progress of:
- The purchaser’s mortgage application
- The survey date and it’s outcome
- The purchaser’s mortgage offer
- The entire legal process
- The rest of the chain (where applicable)
- Obtaining the title deeds from your provider
Exchange of contracts
Once the mortgage offer has been confirmed and the contracts have been approved, the purchaser is ready to exchange contracts (a binding sale). The contract is signed by both parties and the purchaser pays a deposit to their solicitor usually 5 to 10%. The completion (moving) date is agreed at this stage.
We will always act in your best interests to achieve the best possible price.
Its important that you choose the right solicitor as this can make or break or sale. You need a solicitor that understands your needs, explains the process and is proactive in getting you to completion in a realistic and acceptable time frame.
We partner with a number of local excellent solicitors that have a track record in being the most helpful, pro-active and communicative around and are happy to organise a quote for you directly.
We can organise an instant free no obligation quotation on what your likely conveyancing costs will be with Blacks, just ask a member of staff for more details.