TENANT FEE GUIDE
A holding deposit of a maximum of 1 weeks’ rent (per tenancy) is required to progress your application.
*This may be non-refundable if:
1. you decide not to progress your application/sign your tenancy agreement within 15 Calendar days (unless otherwise mutually agreed)
2. you have given false/misleading information on the application form
3. any applicant fails a Right to Rent check.
It will be returned to you in the event the landlord is unable to proceed
• Standard deposit: The value of 1 months’ rent
This is to cover any damages, dilapidations and defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
During the Tenancy (payable to the Agent)
• Payment of interest for the late payment of rent 3% above Bank of England base rate.
During the Tenancy (if permitted and applicable)
• Utilities – gas, electricity, water and sewerage
• Communications – telephone and broadband.
• Installation of cable/satellite.
• Subscription to cable/satellite supplier.
• Television licence.
• Council Tax.
Lost Keys or other Security Devices
Tenants are liable for the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s).
If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord & any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant.
If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour, if appropriate, for the time taken replacing any lost keys or security devices
Variation of Contract (at Tenant’s Request and if agreed by Landlord).
£50.00 inc. VAT to cover the agent’s costs in contacting the landlord, taking landlord instructions and preparations of new contracts (if required) and system adjustments.
Change of Sharer (at Tenant’s Request and if agreed by Landlord)
£50.00 inc. VAT per replacement tenancy or any reasonable costs incurred if higher:
To cover the costs associated with taking landlords instructions, new tenant referencing and Right To Rent checks, deposit registration and preparation of new legal documents.
Early release from tenancy (at Tenants’ Request and if agreed by Landlord)
If authorisation is given allowing you to vacate the premises before the expiration of any tenancy agreement, you may be liable for the following:
1. Rent up to the date on which the premises are re-let or the expiration of the tenancy agreement, whichever is the sooner
2. Council Tax, Water Rates, gas and electricity charges along with any other bills which are your responsibility under the tenancy agreement up to the date the premises are re-let, or the expiration of the tenancy agreement, whichever is the sooner
3. There will be a charge, if appropriate, for the landlord’s costs for re letting the property.
4. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding
Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments not included above, for breaches of contract or under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.
Please note: Should you report a maintenance issue with the property and a contractor is called out and their investigations find that the fault has been caused by the tenant/s or an associate of the tenant/s, or alternatively no fault exists, any cost for this call out will be the responsibility of the tenant/s. Northwood reserve the right to deduct any unpaid monies from the deposit.
We hold Client Money Protection through CMP and are also a member of TPO, which is a redress scheme. You can find out more details on our website or by contacting us directly. To view our certificate, please Click Here.