Before the tenancy starts (payable to Northwood “the Agent”).
Holding Deposit* – Maximum of 1 weeks’ rent (per tenancy)
* This may be a non-refundable payment
This fee is non-refundable if:
- You decide not to progress with your application
- You do not sign your tenancy agreement within 15 Calendar days (unless otherwise mutually agreed)
- You give false or misleading information on the application form
- You fail a Right to Rent check.
It will be returned to you in the event the landlord is unable to proceed
You will be required to pay a five weeks’ rent security deposit (where the total annual rent is below £50,000) or six weeks’ rent (where the total annual rent is £50,000 or above).
This is to cover and damages, dilapidations & defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
During the Tenancy (payable to the Agent)
Payment of interest for the late payment of rent 3% above Bank of England base rate.
Lost keys or other security devices
Tenants are liable for the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) £15 inc VAT or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord & any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant, if extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15.00 per hour inc VAT, if appropriate, for the time taken replacing any lost keys or security devices
Variation of Contract (At Tenant’s Request and if agreed by Landlord)
£50 inc VAT to cover agents costs in contacting landlord, taking landlord instructions & preparations of new contracts (if required) & system adjustments.
Change of Sharer (At Tenant’s Request and if agreed by Landlord)
£50 inc.VAT per replacement tenancy or any reasonable costs incurred if higher:
1. To cover the costs associated with taking landlords instructions
2. New tenant referencing and Right To Rent checks
3. Deposit registration
4. Preparation of new legal documents
During the Tenancy if permitted and applicable
1. Utilities – gas, electricity, water and sewerage
2. Communications – telephone and broadband.
3. Installation of cable/satellite.
4. Subscription to cable/satellite supplier.
5. Television licence.
6. Council Tax.
Early release from tenancy
If authorisation is given allowing you to vacate the premises before the expiration of any tenancy agreement, you may be liable for the following:
1. Rent up to the date on which the premises are re-let or the expiration of the tenancy agreement, whichever is the sooner
2. Council tax, water rates, gas and electricity charges along with any other bills which are your responsibility under the tenancy agreement up to the date the premises are re-let, or the expiration of the tenancy agreement, whichever is the sooner
3. There will be a charge, if appropriate, for the landlord’s costs for re letting the property.
4. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding
Other permitted payments.
Any other permitted payments not included above, for breaches of contract or under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.
Please note: Should you report a maintenance issue with the property and a contractor is called out and their investigations find that the fault has been caused by the tenant/s or an associate of the tenant/s, or alternatively no fault exists, any cost for this call out will be the responsibility of the tenant/s. Northwood reserve the right to deduct any unpaid monies from the deposit.
Client Money Protection
We hold Client Money Protection through Safeagent. To view our certificate, please see below. We are also a member of The Property Ombudsman, which is a redress scheme.