This is a thorough record of the condition of your property and its contents. It is highly recommended that landlords have a comprehensive inventory completed as it can become invaluable if any disputes arise with a tenant, particularly at check out.
Routine inspections should be carried out regularly at a mutually convenient time for both tenant and landlord. Inspections provide an opportunity to keep an eye on the state of the property and give the tenant an opportunity to raise any concerns that they may have.
Wear & Tear
Wear and tear of a property should always be assessed fairly. Allowance needs to be made for:
1. The original age, quality and condition of any item at commencement of the tenancy
2. The average useful lifespan to value ratio (depreciation) of the item
3. The reasonable expected usage of such an item
4. The number and type of occupants in the property
5. The length of the tenants' occupancy
Landlord Fair Wear and Tear guide
Click to download