In recognition of the fact that people throughout the UK are trying to juggle the logistics of the summer holidays we have extended the closing date of the photo competition from Thursday 30th July to Monday 3rd August.
Here at Northwood we are proud to be in the business of helping people to buy, sell, let or rent out a home. The cliche images of miniature monopoly houses or a happy couple toasting with champagne as they sit amongst a multitude of boxes on moving day (really?) dont reflect the real people and the reality of the lives that they lead. That’s why we’re running a photo competition with the theme of “Home life through a lens” and are offering a range of prizes and cash incentives* across three different categories to tempt you to get your camera out and start snapping.
The style of photography that we are looking for is
- Primarily neutral colour palette with accent of colour
- Minimal shadow
- Sharp focus in foreground
Examples of style of photography that the judges are looking for:
- Suburban, city and rural houses
- Property gardens, close up images:
- Edge of lawn/garden, garden pots, watering cans, house numbers, front door, front gates
- Close up images of property related items that imply that a person is just out of shot i.e. book open with coffee cup nearby
- Door ajar, books, shelves, computer, paperwork, keys, furniture, shoes, raincoats hanging up, welcome mat.
- Natural – no portrait-style shots
- “In action” i.e. cooking, lounging on the sofa, eating dinner, on the internet, walking through the door, putting keys on table, on phone . . .
- Out of focus faces / side view / back view
Subjects of particular interest: Individuals – male / female, all ages, couples, young family, family with teenagers, retired people
- 1000 x 275 pixels – hero images (large banner image, prominently placed on a web page)
- Landscape – maximum of 1000 x 667 pixels
The closing date is Thursday 30th July so you dont have long.
How to submit your entry
To upload your entry you will need to create a Dropbox account (if you don’t already have one) https://www.dropbox.com/
Once you are logged into your account:
– Create a folder named with your name
– Place all images you wish to enter into the folder
– Also include a word document in this folder with your contact details (email address and phone number)
– Share the link with us, so that we can view your entries.
– Right click on the folder and click the Share option – choose Send link
– Send the link to email@example.com
* Terms & Conditions
- The competition is free and open to all amateur and professional photographers throughout the UK.
- Exteriors, Interiors and People are the judged categories
- The first place winner for each of the three categories will be awarded £200
- There will be one overall winner chosen and awarded £500.
- Winner’s names and details may be used for promotional purposes.
- Entries will be accepted online only via Dropbox – see below instructions. Prints or entries via e-mail or disc will not be accepted.
- No more than ten images may be entered by each applicant. All photos entered must be submitted with an individual’s name & contact email labelled.
- Any photograph that has won a prize in another major photographic competition will be ineligible for entry into the competition.
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that all necessary permissions are obtained from any person featured in a photograph.
- By submitting images you confirm that you are the copyright holder and creator of the image and that you will be responsible for any claims made by any third party.
- By entering this competition the entrant gives Northwood the option of taking ownership of the copyright based on a set price of £30 / image. Northwood will separately notify any entrants in this instance and payment will be made by direct debit.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- Closing date for receipt of entries is Thursday 30th July 2015.
- Prize-winners (only) will be notified of results by the week ending 9th August 2015.
- Entrants will only be eligible for one payment – i.e. overall winner (£500), category winner (£200) or copyright usage (£30) – the monies will not cumulatively accrue
For further help and information email: firstname.lastname@example.org