Your privacy is important to us and our Directors are committed to taking all reasonable steps to safeguard this on line.
Northwood GB Ltd is a Private Ltd Company registration number, 3570861 and our registered office is 20-22 Bedford Row, London, WC1R 4JS.
We are registered in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and seek to comply at all times with this regulation.
We may use information provided by yourself to contact you by post or email informing you of our services or other information which might be of interest to you.
We may provide your details to selected third parties solely for the provision of information about products and services that we feel may be directly related to Buyers, Sellers, Landlords and Tenants.
If you do not wish to use your information in this way please notify us by email or in writing to the above address.
Under the Data Protection Act you may request details of personal information we hold about you. To obtain a copy of this you should write to the Data Controller at Northwood GB Ltd at the above address. Please be aware we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for the provision of such information.
What are 'cookies'?
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or application. Your web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome) then sends these cookies back to the website or application on each subsequent visit so that they can recognise you and remember things like personalised details or user preferences.
Cookies are very useful and do lots of different jobs which help to make your experience on websites as smooth as possible. For example, they let you move between web pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your experience.
They are referred to as session or persistent cookies, depending on how long they are used:
- Session cookies only last for your online session and disappear from your computer or device when you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies stay on your computer or device after the browser has been closed and last for the period of time specified in the cookie. These persistent cookies are activated each time you visit the site where the cookie was generated.
What cookies Northwooduk use and why?
- If you login to our site in order to access your My Northwood account we will store a cookie so that we can identify you as a logged-in user.
How to control your cookies
However, there are various ways that you can control and manage your cookies which are discussed in a bit more detail below. Please remember that any settings you change will not just affect Northwooduk cookies. These changes will apply to all websites that you visit (unless you choose to block cookies from particular sites).
Managing cookies in your browser
Most modern browsers will allow you to:
- See what cookies you've got and delete them on an individual basis.
- Block third party cookies.
- Block cookies from particular sites.
- Block all cookies from being set.
- Delete all cookies when you close your browser.
You should be aware that any preferences will be lost if you delete cookies. Ironically, this includes where you have opted out from cookies, as this requires an opt-out cookie to be set. Also, if you block cookies completely many websites will not work properly and some functionality on these websites will not work at all.
For more information on how to disable cookies in your browser, please view your browser providers website.