Safety first: Northwood supports Gas Safety Week

September 16, 2013

 

 

Northwood is urging all landlords and tenants to be gas safe and choose their letting agent wisely, during the third annual Gas Safety Week (16 – 22 September)

It can be a matter of life and death as badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.

Northwood is fully committed to employing Gas Safe registered engineers so that landlords and tenants can be confident that gas appliances in their rented properties are checked annually and regularly serviced.

Eric Walker, Northwood’s managing director, says: “The importance of maintaining gas appliances should not be underestimated: the consequences can be fatal.  We are committed to ensuring that all of our properties are ‘Gas Safe’ and properly maintained. We are proud to support Gas Safety Week.”

Tenants can be gas safe in their homes by following these tips:

  • Look out for warning signs that your gas appliances aren’t working correctly e.g. lazy yellow or orange flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks on or around the appliance and too much condensation in the room
  • Know the signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning – headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness
  • Install an audible carbon monoxide alarm
  • If you smell gas call the gas emergency number on 0800 111 999

For gas safety advice or to find and check an engineer visit the Gas Safe Register website at www.GasSafeRegister.co.uk. Alternatively call the free helpline on 0800 408 5500.

Northwood is one of the largest and most recognised lettings agents in the U.K. and the leading supplier ofGuaranteed Rent to give landlords complete peace of mind.

Find us on Twitter @northwoodUK or visit our YouTube Channel.

 

Posted in

Comments are closed here.